In order to use the Pivo Studio app, you need to pair it with a Pivo Pod. After signing in to your account, you'll be brought to the Pivo Studio Gallery. To start capturing, you'd need to click on the Capture button at the bottom of the screen. When you press the Capture button, the pairing screen will appear on the app. The app will automatically scan for a Pivo Pod that's available and connect to it. After it's connected successfully, the battery level of the Pivo Pod will be displayed on the screen. Before pairing, make sure your Pivo Pod is turned on.
Once you've connected to the Pod, the app will open in capture screen where you can start capturing.
- Exposure: A slider bar will appear upon tapping the Exposure icon . You can increase or decrease the exposure by sliding the bar left and right.
- Color Temperature: A slider bar will appear upon tapping on the Color Temperature icon . You can increase or decrease the color temperature by sliding the bar left and right.
- Background Removal: A slider bar will appear when you tap on the Background Removal icon . By sliding the bar left to right, you can increase or decrease the amount of background removal.
Note: Background Removal is currently not available and will be made available at a later date.
- Grid: Enable Grid for better alignment. You can choose between two types of Grid by clicking on the Grid icon consecutively.
- Timer: Click on the Timer icon to enable a three seconds countdown before the photo is captured.
You can manually rotate the turntable or adjust the rotation angle with the controller on the screen. Click on to rotate clockwise and to rotate counterclockwise. Click on to adjust the rotation angle. You can choose between Manual, 90°, and 360°. When Manual is selected, the turntable will rotate at 1° each time you tap on the rotation button, while pressing and holding the rotation button will rotate the turntable continuously.
Note: You can also manually rotate the turntable with the Remote Control. Check out this link to learn more about how you can control the Turntable.
How to capture a Single Shot
You can adjust the turntable to your preferred angle and capture a single shot with Pivo Studio with the following steps:
1. In the capture screen, you can choose between a Single Shot or a 360° Shot by clicking on the circle menu on the left of the Capture button. Select Single Shot and click on Apply to capture a Single Shot.
2. Once you've applied the Single Shot mode, you'll be brought back to the capture screen.
Note: The Settings menu towards the right of the Capture button is only available for 360° shots.
3. Before you start capturing, you can adjust the starting angle by clicking on the angle adjustment button on the screen. You can choose between Manual, 90°, and 360°. Click on or to rotate the Pod in your preferred direction.
4. Once you're done adjusting the angle, press the Capture button to start taking a single shot. For additional shots from a different angle, use the turntable control to rotate the turntable and repeat the process.
Note: There will be a shutter sound when the photo is captured. Make sure your phone is not on silent mode and the volume is not set as zero. The captured content will be shown on the Pivo Studio Gallery.