Meet mode on Pivo+ allows you to have your online training session with Pivo tracking you at the same time. With this mode, you can enjoy the following added benefits to your online training experience with Pivo:
- Video call hands-free with Auto Tracking
- Easily invite anyone to your training session
- Guest Control feature
Pivo+ Meet is designed to be used in the following situations:
- The host must have a Pivo Pod and a Pivo Account to sign into Pivo+
- The guest can join the call with a smartphone, computer, or tablet
- The guest can't answer with a smartphone connected to a Pivo Pod as the invitation link will open in a web link on your smartphone's browser
Note: The guest doesn't need a Pivo Pod or Pivo Account to join the call.
The Pivo+ app will open in Gallery by default. In Gallery, press the Capture button at the bottom of the screen to connect to the Pivo Pod. Once the smartphone is connected to the Pivo Pod, Video mode will open by default. Scroll the options at the bottom of the screen and select Meet to start a video call for your online training session.
Auto Tracking Mode
Auto Tracking is one of the key features on Pivo+ and a great feature that will enhance your video call experience.
There are 3 Auto Tracking modes available: Face, Body, and Horse Tracking.
To select or change your tracking mode, follow these steps:
- Tap the icon on the left of the shutter button to see the Auto Tracking options.
- Choose between Face, Body, or Horse Tracking.
- Next, tap Apply when done or Cancel to go back to the previous screen.
- When an Auto Tracking mode is selected, a message will appear saying it’s searching for the target (e.g. face). This notification will disappear and be replaced with a red box/circle as soon as the tracking target is found.
Tracking Presets & Settings
In Pivo+, there are two ways to customize your Tracking Settings for a smoother Pivo experience. You can either choose to use the Tracking Presets, which is a list of default Tracking Settings for the most common activities Pivo is used for, or select your preferred settings based on what you’re using Pivo for. Check out the following links for the step-by-step instructions.
Getting started with Tracking Settings: Tracking Settings
Getting started with Tracking Presets: Tracking Preset
You can customize your video calling experience with the different settings available. These settings can be found at the top part of the screen.
- Tracking Position: Pivo will keep you on the left, center or right side of the screen while you’re being tracked. Tap on the Tracking Position icon at the top of the screen and select your preferred Tracking Positions to enable the feature.
- Switch Camera: Choose to capture from your front or back camera simply by tapping on the the Switch Camera icon .
Note: If you're using Horse Tracking, you'd need to enable the Front Camera option in Settings on Pivo+ home screen before being able to switch the camera between front and back. In the home screen, click on your profile picture on the top right hand corner, and select the enable front camera option.
- More Settings: Tap on the 3 vertical dots icon on the right for more settings options:
- Grid: Helps you to get a level shot. Adjust your phone to your preferred angle and use the grid to help you check if your phone is leveled. Grid is disabled by default , tap on the icon to turn it on
- Countdown: Need a signal to tell you when the shot is about to be taken? Turn on the countdown timer by pressing the Countdown icon and Pivo will give you a 3 seconds countdown before it records the video. represents that the countdown timer is turned on and represents that it's turned off
- Flash: You can tap the Flash icon to turn on/off flash when taking the photo. means that Flash is turned off and means that it's turned on
Once you've selected all your preferred settings, simply press the Shutter button to start your call.
Guest Control allows the guest to control the rotation of the host's Pivo Pod on their end. They can do this by swiping left and right on their smartphone or using the arrow keys on their keyboard when using a computer/laptop.
By default, the Guest Control permission is enabled for the guest. This means that the guest can activate/deactivate the Guest Control feature to manually rotate the host's Pivo Pod from their side. As soon as the guest activates and takes control of the Pod, the Guest Control icon will be white on the host's screen.
The host can determine if they’d like to give the guest permission to activate/deactivate the Guest Control feature. If the host doesn’t wish to give the guest access to the feature, they can disable it at any time by clicking on the Guest Control icon located at the most left of the menu bar. The Guest Control icon will turn red on the host's screen once the permission is disabled. Once the Guest Control permission is disabled, the guest won't be able to activate/deactivate the feature from their end.
Click here for more information on Guest Control.