Video recording is the default mode of Pivo+. Unlike the usual video recording feature on your smartphone camera, Pivo+ Video mode is enhanced with the Auto Tracking feature that follows you while you move and groove.
The Pivo+ app will open in Gallery by default. In Gallery, press the Capture button at the bottom of the screen to connect to the Pivo Pod. Once the smartphone is connected to the Pivo Pod, you'll be brought to the capture screen where Video is the default mode. Hit on the Shutter button to start recording the video.
You can customize your video recording experience with the different settings available. These settings can be found at the top part of the screen in Video mode.
Countdown: Need a signal to tell you when the shot is about to be taken? Turn on the countdown timer by pressing the Countdown icon and Pivo will give you a 3 seconds countdown before it records the video. represents that the countdown timer is turned on and represents that it's turned off.
- Flash: You can tap the Flash icon to turn on/off flash when taking the photo. means that Flash is turned off and means that it's turned on.
- Switch Camera: Choose to capture from your front or back camera simply by tapping on the the Switch Camera icon .
Auto Tracking comes with 3 different Tracking modes: Face, Body, and Horse Tracking. To select or change your tracking mode, follow these steps:
1. Tap on the icon next to the shutter button and a list of Tracking modes will appear.
2. Choose between Face, Body, and Horse Tracking.
3. After choosing your desired Tracking option, click on the Apply button to enable your selection. Once you've enabled the option, a notification indicating the status of target detection (e.g. body) will appear on the screen. You can cancel this action and return to the previous screen by pressing on the Cancel button.
4. This notification will disappear and be replaced with a red box/circle as soon as the tracking target is found.
Tracking Presets is a handy feature that helps you to find the right settings for different activities in just one click!
To select or change the Tracking Preset, follow the steps below:
1. Click the circle menu on the right of the Shutter button to open the default list of Presets.
2. Swipe left or right among the Presets to select your preferred activity and tap on Apply button to enable the selection.
3. Press the Cancel button to go back to the previous screen.
4. If you can't find your preferred activity among the Presets, you can customize your own presets and save them for future use.
Click here to find out more about how you can create and edit a Preset.
Recording a Video
Once you've selected all your preferred settings, simply press the Shutter button to start recording the video. The recording time will be reflected under the Shutter button as soon as the video starts recording.
The navigation icons will be hidden from the screen after 3 seconds to allow you to have a better view of your recording. Tap on the screen again to bring the navigation icons back on the screen. Click on the Shutter button again to stop recording.
Preview, Trim & Share Video
The video will be saved in the Gallery once you've stopped recording and you'll be brought to the Preview screen where you can trim and/or share the video.
To trim the video, drag the slider and trim your video to the preferred length. Once you're done, click on Share button to save the trimmed video. If you don't wish to trim the video, simply click on Share to save the original video. After saving the video, you'll be brought to the next screen where you can share the trimmed video with anyone. If you don't wish to share the video, simply swipe the screen down to return to the capture screen.
Note: The trimmed version will be saved as a new video alongside the original video. You can view them in the Pivo+ Gallery.