Tracking Presets is a list of predefined Tracking settings for the most common activities Pivo is used for. This is a handy feature that helps you find the right settings to improve your tracking experience in just one click!
Note: The default Presets come with fixed Tracking Settings that are tailored to the specific activities. You can change the Tracking Settings by creating a new Preset. Scroll down to find out more on how you can create a Preset with your preferred Tracking Settings.
Selecting a Preset
To select or change the Tracking Preset, follow the steps below:
1. Click the circle menu on the right of the Shutter button to open the list of Presets.
2. Swipe left or right among the list of Presets to select your preferred activity and tap on Apply button to enable the selection.
3. Press the Cancel button to go back to the previous screen.
4. If you can't find your preferred activity among the Presets, you can customize your own presets and save them for future use.
Creating a Preset
1. Swipe all the way to the left on the Preset list until you see the Create New screen
2. Tap on the icon to create your own Preset
3. Once you've clicked on the icon, you'll be brought to the Tracking settings page.
4. Feel free to adjust the Tracking settings based on your preference.
5. After adjusting the Tracking settings, click Next to add a name, description, and thumbnail to the Preset.
6. Tap on the Save button to save the customized Preset or the Back button if you’d like to go back to the previous screen.
Editing a customized Preset
You can edit or delete a customized Preset with the following steps:
1. Click on the Ellipsis icon on the top right-hand corner of the Preset's thumbnail and a dropdown list will show.
2. Click on the Adjustment icon to edit the Tracking settings for the particular Preset.
3. Click on the Pen icon to edit the name, description, and thumbnail of the Preset.
4. Tap on the Trash can icon to delete the Preset.
You can adjust the Tracking settings of your Preset based on the following information:
With On-Screen Position, Pivo will keep you on the left, middle, or right side of the screen while you are being tracked. Adjust the position of yourself on the screen to optimize your tracking. With Auto-Alignment, Pivo will automatically adjust the On-Screen Position to left, right of center to always keep you centered. See the article on On-Screen Position for more information.
For Photo Mode, trigger Pivo to capture a photo by staying still.
Note: Smart Capture is only available for Photo mode
With Burst On, Pivo will take 5 pictures for each shot and let you select the best one. If you turn off Burst, Pivo only captures one picture for each shot. Burst shots are ideal if you're moving around and want to capture the best pose!
Note: Burst is only available for Photo mode
Adjust the tracking speed and sensitivity for your Pivo here. Pod Red has 3 tracking speed settings (Slow, Normal, Fast), whereas Pod Silver and Pod Black have 4 tracking speed settings (Slow, Normal, Fast, Frenzy). Slow is a great option for smoother tracking capabilities, whereas Fast and Frenzy can sharply pick up your every move and change in direction. See the article on Tracking Speed for more information.
Auto Zoom is a super cool feature that allows Pivo to automatically zoom in and out on the tracking target in Smart Tracking. When you move far away, Pivo will automatically zoom in to make sure you stay at least 10% of the frame in order to continue tracking you at a far distance. The best part is, Pivo will zoom out again as you get closer to your smartphone. You can use Auto Zoom with Smart Tracking, but not Action Tracking. See the article on Auto Zoom for more information.
By activating Predictive Follow, Pivo will try to follow you even when you are out of frame. If you move out of frame, Pivo will continue in the direction you were last moving for a further 40 degrees. This is Pivo predicting where it should follow you. If Pivo can't track you after 40 degrees, it will stop. Predictive Follow is a great option for when you're looking to move fast and may go out of frame, so Pivo can predict where you'll be no matter where you go. See the article on Predictive Follow for more information.
Note: Predictive Follow is only available for Video and Meet mode
After you enable Target Exposure, Pivo will prioritize the exposure of the target being tracked over the background so it's evenly exposed throughout the whole shot. If you're moving in a place with uneven lighting, or in the morning or afternoon where the sun is brighter on one side of the screen, we recommend turning Target Exposure on. With Target Exposure on, the target will be evenly exposed no matter whether the background gets darker or lighter, and Pivo will be able to track it easier. Without Target Exposure enabled, the exposure of the whole shot will be automatically considered and evened out. See the article on Target Exposure for more information.