Bring your Tour to a whole new level with our 3D Capture, where you can automatically create a 3D Tour of your captured tours. A 3D Tour has a more accurate location mapping, providing you and your audiences a better navigation experience!
Note: Pivo Tour 3D Capture is only available for users with iPhone 12 Pro/Pro Max and have access to the Pivo Tour app. This feature is free only during the beta testing period. Charges will apply for capturing and sharing your 3D Tour at the end of the beta test.
If you have an iPhone 12 Pro/Pro Max, and have access to the Pivo Tour app, you can try this feature with the following steps:
- Log into the Pivo Tour app with your Pivo Account
- Click on 'Create Tour' at the bottom of the main screen and connect the app to your Pivo Pod
- Once you've successfully paired the app and the Pod, a pop-up on this feature will appear on the screen. Select 'Yes, I want to capture 3D'
- Now, you're ready to start capturing your very own 3D Tour.
Creating a 3D Tour
On the 3D Capture screen, press 'Start' to close the onboarding screen. Once you've done that, press the + button on the Remote Control or click the Capture button on the screen to start capturing your Tour.
Pivo will first take a panorama capture as it does with the 2D tour, and will rotate once more to capture the 3D scan. Please don't touch your smartphone and Pivo while it is capturing the Tour.
Tip: The recommended maximum distance between each point is 6.56 ft/2 m.
Click on 'Floor' to add more floors to your capture, or select 'Finish' once you're done capturing your Tour. The Tour will be saved in your draft after the processing is completed. You can upload it to your Private/Public folder and view your 3D Tour by clicking the 3D icon on the top left of the particular tour. If it shows '3D Processing' on the top left, it means that your 3D Tour is still processing, and if shows '3D' in yellow, it means that the 3D Tour hasn't been processed successfully and you'd need to recapture the tour.
Now, you're ready to share your 3D Tour.
Tips & tricks
- If you're filming inside a room, keep the room doors opened to ensure a smooth connection
- Keep all the lights turned on in rooms that the capture will take place, and cover all windows with window blinds or curtains
- Each new capturing point should be visible from the closest captured point - When capturing inside the room, make sure to capture at least one point around the entrance so that Pivo can detect the room as it connects the points
- Set the tripod on a flat surface and adjust it to a recommended height of approximately 4.92 ft/1.5 m
- Keep your Pivo away from moving objects such as fans, pets, people and etc.
- Avoid capturing around reflective objects like mirrors, furnitures made out glass, and windows
- Take note of the blind spots. Capturing points in a zigzag pattern is more likely to result in better 3D tour than capturing it in a straight line
- Keep the maximum distance between each point to less than 6.56 ft/2 m
- Avoid capturing tours around constantly flickering or blinking objects (e.g. TV and monitors)
- Avoid capturing under the sunlight or anything that uses infrared wavelength
- Capture at least two points inside the room, even if it's a small area