Stitching errors are a common problem in panoramic photography. After stitching your panorama images within Pivo Tour, you might see some places where objects/areas have been distorted, misaligned or cut in half during the Pivo Tour automatic panorama stitching process.
Here are the most common causes of stitching errors:
- Your smartphone isn't aligned to the axis of the rotation
- Your smartphone isn't mounted securely and vertically upright
- If you're using a tripod, it's possible that it's not evenly set up or leveled on the ground
- The tripod and/or smartphone was touched while Pivo is capturing the Tour
Here are some tips to avoid having distorted images:
- Make sure that the smartphone is mounted securely and vertically upright
- Make sure that the tripod is standing evenly on leveled ground
- Keep a distance from Pivo while it's capturing
- Press Capture with the Remote Control instead of pressing Capture on the smartphone screen. Any physical impact that causes the tripod and smartphone to move while capturing could impact the image quality
If these tips don't help, please reach out to us by emailing us a sample Pivo Tour capture at firstname.lastname@example.org.